1.0 Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We loathe unsolicited emails as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 Relevant legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, our website’s are designed to comply with the following national and international legislations with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well.
3.0 Personal information that we collect and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined. The data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
3.3 Email newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to Sales Force CRM & Campaign Monitor who provide us with email marketing services. We consider Sales Force CRM & Campaign Monitor to be a third party data processors. The email address that you submit will be stored within this websites database & within Microsoft 360 Outlook.
Your email address will remain within the Sales Force CRM & Campaign Monitor database for as long as we continue to use Campaign Monitor services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by emailing email@example.com . When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the Sales Force CRM & Campaign Monitor database, you will receive periodic newsletter-style emails, E-Blasts & Event invitations from us.
3.4 Contacts to satisfy ongoing service contracts
If you are an existing contract client then we may need to contact you for day to day operational or financial liaison. Names, email addresses and telephone numbers which you provide us with are stored in a password protected Hemlow database or forwarded to simPRO who provide us with electronic CAFM services. We consider simPRO to be a third party processor. The information that you provide will be stored within the eLogbooks database & within Microsoft 360 Outlook.
Your email address will remain within the Hemlow & simPRO database for as long as we continue to use the systems or until you specifically request to access, update, move, transfer, restrict or delete your data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
3.5 What data we gather & how we use it
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to events and training courses
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver an improved service.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To contact you to deliver agreed services within an existing maintenance contract
- To invite you to events based on our scoring criteria
- To send you information you have requested about training courses or events
- To update you with our news or blog stories
- To ask you for feedback or to complete surveys
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
4.0 How we store your personal information
If you submit a form on this website some personal information will be stored within this website’s database & on to our Sales force CRM system. This is currently the only occasion where personal data will be stored on this website. This data is currently stored in an identifiable fashion; a limitation of the content management system that this website is built with.
5.0 About this website’s server
This website is hosted on servers run within a state-of-the-art data centre located in the United Kingdom.
Some of the more notable security features are as follows:
- The Green Grid industry body, comply with the European Code of Conduct for Datacentre Operators best practice guidelines E
- Externally audited and certified to ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management) and ISO 27001 (Information Security) standards via our IT provider, Razorblue.
- 24×7 security and NOC staff being present, high security perimeter fencing.
- A state-of-the-art IP CCTV system and access control system form part of the comprehensive security arrangements, including man-traps, interlocked doors, and biometric iris scanners.
- High-end fire suppression systems are fitted throughout the entire facility.
- All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
- 2 level firewalls protects our server against attacks and unauthorised access.
Full details of our providers data centre please contact us: email@example.com
6.0 Our third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation.
7.0 Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
9.0 Summary of marketing process
We believe it is important to keep you informed of anything which may be of interest or benefit to your company, but we also want to offer transparency in our process.
We do not buy contact lists and only add contacts to our secure salesforce database if you:
- subscribe to our mailing list, or have a legitimate interest in our business
We will contact you from time to time, but only with information which we believe to be useful. Based on the level of interaction with our email marketing campaigns, we assess who may benefit from our free CPD training seminars and offer priority booking to those who are highly engaged.
Prospective customers may also express an interest in our services through our CPD training form, after which one of team will make contact to understand how we can help.
All leads and contacts can access, update, move, transfer, restrict or delete their data at any time.
For further information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org