Reading’s most iconic building
14-storey office building (109,804 sq ft)
Planned Preventative Maintenance with resident engineer
2 year contract
The Blade, Abbey Street, Reading, Berkshire RG1 3BD
With a “very good” BREEAM rating these prestigious offices offer tenants impressive floor to ceiling glazing, on-site parking, co-working spaces, an outdoor terrace, cycle storage and shower and changing facilities.
We have been working closely with our client Northwood Regional UK for over a year as an extension of their FM team, to make sure this iconic building works seamlessly for both investors and tenants alike, providing a stress free environment.
In addition to the work detailed within the original contract we have since worked with the client and expanded our scope of work to provide a detailed disaster avoidance plan to help ensure the building runs seamlessly, even in the event of emergency.
“Hemlow have consistently provided us with a great service. We have an excellent working relationship with our resident engineer, Mark, who is an asset to our building management team at The Blade and also Sean, our Contract Supervisor, who is always contactable and quick to respond to any queries. The Blade runs much smoother thanks to Hemlow.”
Northwood Regional UK
- PPM regime for all M&E services
- Dedicated resident engineer, recruited in conjunction with the client and provided with dual branded uniform
- Managing eLogbooks to provide more efficient M&E maintenance reporting for the client
- Assisted with mobilisation of the building as a trophy asset for the client
- Defined a short and long term strategy for the building with the client, providing a strong team culture
The building and the technology
Grade A 14-storey building with a comprehensive range of M&E equipment including, chillers, boilers, energy monitoring, sprinkler system, smoke ventilation system and power generation.