Iconic ten story midlands property in Birmingham city centre
90,000 sq ft over ten storeys
Planned Preventative Maintenance
5 year contract
Five Ways, Birmingham City Centre B16 8TP
This is an iconic building for a significant investment client. It has a knowledgeable resident Premises Manager who understands the importance of dedicated high quality, tenant-sensitive service. It is a multi-tenanted building with central services and substantial common areas including a restaurant and break-out areas, external signage, car parking and external lighting.
Maintaining or improving excellent relationships with tenants is recognised as being an important aspect of managing the on-site relationship with the Premises Manager. Hemlow manages this through the communications training that all Hemlow engineers receive, robust management systems used in the administration of the contract and monthly meetings with the specialist M&E consultants and managing agents.
Hemlow has also worked with the consultant and managing agent to plan extensive heating pipework upgrades, including the use of hire equipment for continuity of services during the project.
The service Hemlow offers illustrates several principles of its Service Delivery Methodology:
- A high level of senior management involvement at the contract mobilisation stage
- Additional time invested in developing bespoke training alongside OEM manufacturers
- Research undertaken to improve aspects of the existing installation such as options for additional or alternative power sources
- Labour loading adjusted, increasing site presence without additional costs
- In depth condition report used to identify and resolve air flow issues
- Hemlow systems provided for client use
The building and the technology
Complex HVAC system including large central cooling and heating plant, providing heating and cooling to the floor-plates with CAM units feeding floor mounted fan tiles.