8 Fenchurch Place, London
An iconic London, ‘very good’ rated BREEAM property
100,000 sq ft
Planned Preventative Maintenance – resident engineer
4 year contract
8 Fenchurch Place, London EC3M 4PB
Having inherited the building from a different managing agent, our client is looking to continually improve and enhance the building to meet their exacting high standards. The recently refurbished site is now manned by a resident Hemlow engineer who works closely with the client’s building manager to maintain both plant operation and tenant relationships on site.
We’ve taken a fresh approach to staffing and the supply chain to make sure that the M&E is in tune with the client’s high standards and helps them achieve their objectives.
- Providing mobilisation planning service right from start of client’s contract to ensure a seamless takeover of services from incumbent contractor
- Resolving legacy challenges by putting in place a Contract Manager – dedicated to the client portfolio and carrying out frequent site visits and monitoring
- Encouraging open, straight-talking and honest dialogue between client, site engineer and management team
- Having an engineer working with the client team to deliver on their energy saving strategy
- Placing an engineer that has benefited from our Career Start programme. This programme of induction, training and site mentoring takes people with the core skills needed to be exceptional engineers and gives them the technical expertise required. Our particular engineer was specifically requested by the client for his customer focus and ‘can-do’ attitude.
The building and the technology
Complex HVAC system including boilers, screw chillers, cooling towers, four pipe fan coil units and fully networked BMS system. Standby power generation and landlord / tenant lighting control system add to building complexity.